Based on the readings related to the “Majority View” (what you believe the majority of people would do), “Feelings,” (do you feel it is right or wrong thing to do?) and “Conscience”, describe the ethical dilemma presented by these scenarios and explain which of these factors would influence how you would respond to the following scenarios:
- If you found something at a yard sale that was far more valuable than the posted price, would you let the seller know?
- Is it considered stealing to take pens from a bank? What about extra napkins from a fast-food restaurant?
- If someone tells an offensive joke, is it my responsibility to speak up about it?
- Is it ever ok to sneak a peek at your significant other’s email?
- My boss asked me to cover for him on his expense report by saying I was at a meal when I wasn’t . Should I do it?
Assignment Details –
For each of the scenarios above I’m looking for a 1-2 paragraph response to each scenario. Your response should include: 1- What you believe the majority of people would do. 2- Describe whether you feel it is right or wrong to do what is suggested in each scenario. 3- If there is an ethical dilemma, describe it and explain how it would influence your response.