Explore the American Psychological Association’s (APA) information on “What is Forensic Psychology” – Read this article: http://www.apa.org/ed/precollege/psn/2013/09/forensic-psychology.aspx (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Then, go to the right-hand side and choose two “magazine articles” (you’ll see 836 to pick from) to read and write a review. Your review for each article should address the following:
- In what field of study does this article fall? i.e. specific area of Forensics or Criminology?
- What is the author’s stated occupation or point-of-view? Or, where is the author coming from?
- What is the central theme of the article?
- Who is the primary target audience of this article?
- What is the author trying to convey to this target audience?
- Out of the central theme (#3), what are the chief point(s) of the article?
- What is the major finding or conclusion that the author reaches in this article?
- Who else could benefit from this article?
- Does the author advance a primary position in the article? What is it?
- What key understanding, insight or improvement has the author introduced in this article?
- What could or should this article lead to in terms of future research, other articles or author contact?