1. Use the Internet to research and review the Affordable Health Care Act. Be prepared to discuss.
2. Use the Internet to research and review the branches of government within your state (GEORGIA) to evaluate each branches level of influence in healthcare decisions for the state. Be prepared to discuss.
3. The Veteran’s Health Administration (VA) has been instrumental in many new healthcare innovations over the last twenty-five years. Use the Internet to research the VA’s Website, located at http://www.va.gov/, as well as other related Websites to determine the VA’s influence on your local hospitals. Be prepared to discuss.
Health Care Law and Policy” Please respond to the following:
· From the first e-Activity, analyze the Affordable Health Care Act, and determine the fundamental influence that such reform has exerted on the social, political, and economic environment of the country. Provide at least two (2) examples to support your rationale.
· Differentiate between two to three (2-3) key components of a free market healthcare system and single payer government system. Of the two systems, suggest the one that you believe would be better for the United States. Specify two (2) examples that support your rationale.
“Health Bureaucracy” Please respond to the following:
· From the second e-Activity, analyze the branches of government of your state (GEORGIA) with respect to the extent that each branch is associated with health care. Determine whether your state government will participate in either the federal health exchange or create a state health exchange. Classify which aspects of your state’s choice are political and which aspects are economic. Provide at least two (2) specific examples to support your position.
· From the third e-Activity, give an example of at least two (2) innovations started by the VA that are found in any of your local hospitals. Examine the salient effects that these innovations have on public health in your community. Support your response with examples of such effects.