his is a research-writing course. You need to develop each requirement in full paragraphs, not sentences. I need to see proof of understanding of each requirement. Some questions have multiple parts. Answer each within the same numbered question.
1. Look at the list of common operating system tasks in Section 6.4.1. Which of these tasks have you performed in the past several weeks, and how did you perform them?
2. Why does an assembler use two passes to handle symbolic labels in assembly language programs? Why can’t it just do everything in one pass?
3. What advantages did each generation of the operating system have over the previous ones? What problems was the next generation trying to solve?
4. In the course of a typical week, what kinds of computer networks do you use? How many different kinds can you now recognize? How aware have you been of differences in these networks, or do they all create a similar virtual environment? Imagine the next new innovation in network technology—what would it look like and what could it do?
5. How do the different layers of the protocol hierarchy interact with each other? Why do we need to have two different layers that work on error detection and correction?
6. What are some positives that have occurred with the development of the Internet and the World Wide Web? What are some problems associated with these tools?
7. Name some ways in which computer network systems use the concept of abstraction to make the task of building a functioning network feasible.
8. Discuss the direction the Internet is going today. Think about the final quote and talk about whether or not the Internet is moving collectively into the future or if there are too many influences trying to pull at its corners. How does the proliferation of fake news affect the reputation and reliability of the Internet?
Note: Use this list as a completion checklist!
1. Submit the assignment in one Word document, size 12 point, font Arial, double space.
2. Comply with the number of pages listed.
3. Don’t ZIP or PDF files. They will not be accepted!
4. Include a cover sheet and a reference page. The cover sheet is to include: your name, assignment number, course number, and the date.
5. Do Not include the assignment questions.
6. Number each answer to correspond to the answered question(s).
7. Include “all” references used to include the textbook on the last page of the assignment document.
8. DO NOT “Copy and Paste”. Work that is not your own work constitutes plagiarism. You may quote sources but you must reference them properly and correctly. I need to evaluate your work, not others. Read the Academic Honesty & Plagiarism College policy. Your file will be checked by SafeAsign for traces of plagiarism.
9. Use correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
10. Submit each assignment via the Assignment Submission link one-time only.
11. DO NOT attach assignments to an email – they will not be graded!
12. Write, write and write. This is a writing course and you need to prove that you understood each requirement.
13. I will grade your assignment based on the above-listed requirements, and return them with comments. Don’t lose points by not following the list of requirements.