Resources: Saving and Submitting Your Design in SmartDraw®
Your stakeholders would like to see your design ideas for your selected facility and would also like you to provide a summary of the project.
Open the template you chose from Week One in the SmartDraw® Designer. From that point, you will be able to modify the template and add the following information:
- The health care structure such as walls, doors, hallways, waiting areas, and related structural components
- Diagnostic and treatment space equipment and location
- Customer service and amenities, such as the reception desk, bathroom, shower, vending machine, and so forth
- Clinical support areas, such as nurse’s station, charting areas, and so forth
- Physician or dentist office space for patient consultation
- Administrative offices
- Building support, such as laundry, generator facilities, housekeeping, and so forth
- Mechanical equipment, such as space for laboratory equipment, radiology equipment, gases such as oxygen, and suctions
- Color and noise elements
- Regulatory elements such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration and ADA guidelines
- Sustainability options
- Other elements such as IT or creative healing environmental ideas
Save your design once it is completed.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word summary of your project that includes the following information:
- If this is a new facility or a renovation
- Reason you selected the facility
- Who are your stakeholders for this project
- What are your planning needs
- What are your planning goals
- Cost estimates for one room in your facility – provide a chart containing each item in the room, the items estimated cost, and a total for that one room.
- How would you handle budget planning
- What you learned from completing your own floor plan
- What is your rationale for design choices
- Any recommendations or suggestions for completing your floor plan differently – what would you do differently next time.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Final Facility Design Project and your written assignment.