Write a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of two quantitative research studies. Use the “Research Critique Guidelines – Part II” document to organize your essay. Successful completion of this assignment requires that you provide a rationale, include examples, and reference content from the study in your responses.
Use the practice problem and two quantitative, peer‐reviewed research articles you identified in the Topic 1 assignment ( The prevalence of pressure ulcer in the hospital and skilled nursing facility using padding or foam dressing ) to complete this assignment.
In a 1,000–1,250 word essay, summarize two quantitative studies, explain the ways in which the findings might be used in nursing practice, and address ethical considerations associated with the conduct of the study.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
ARTICLES TO BE USED
PLEASE USE these two articles.
Decreasing the Incidence of Heel Pressure Ulcers in Long-term Care …
Some long-term care facilities offer skilled nursing care comparable to … care facility who have been assessed as being at low risk using a pressure ulcer … hydropolymer foam dressings decreased the prevalence of heel ulcers 72% in 2 years. … conducted among 52 patients compared the effectiveness of hospitalpillows …
Effectiveness and Value of Prophylactic 5-Layer Foam Sacral …
by WV Padula – 2017 – Cited by 13 – Related articles
Longitudinal data on acute care, hospital-level patient outcomes (eg, … CONCLUSIONS: Prophylactic 5-layer foam sacral dressings are an effective … Hospitals adopting these technologies should expect good value for use of these products. ….. Meyer S. The International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence™ Survey: 2006-2015: a …
Research Critique Guidelines – Part II
Use this document to organize your essay. Successful completion of this assignment requires that you provide a rationale, include examples, and reference content from the studies in your responses.
1. Summary of studies. Include problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and research question.
How do these two articles support the nurse practice issue you chose?
1. Discuss how these two articles will be used to answer your PICOT question.
2. Describe how the interventions and comparison groups in the articles compare to those identified in your PICOT question.
Method of Study:
1. State the methods of the two articles you are comparing and describe how they are different.
2. Consider the methods you identified in your chosen articles and state one benefit and one limitation of each method.
Results of Study
1. Summarize the key findings of each study in one or two comprehensive paragraphs.
1. What are the anticipated outcomes for your PICOT question?
2. How do the outcomes of your chosen articles compare to your anticipated outcomes?
© 2019. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.